Sunday, June 17, 2012

jordan trip

I've been MIA for quite a long time. Been busy with so many things.

Internet connection so fucked I cannot browse nor post properly.

Few happenings passed by but major one was the Jordan trip. Yep! Didn't really seriously planned it but it happened. Went with Niko and Silvester but Silvester went on a different flight coz the ticket price went unbelievably high and him and I have to compete on booking online to get the lower price (which is unfortunately only one spot) coz Niko already bought his ticket earlier that day.

We rented a car but unfortunately the GPS didn't work properly so we don't have any choice but to depend on our instinct (which is exactly Niko's).


first stop - Citadel, Amman. old amphitheater can be seen in the background of this pic

on the parking lot going to the musuem

this is the map 

it's so freakin' hot as it's 01:30pm

temple of hercules

feeling Hercules

I forgot what is this

view from our room. we stayed at Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea and it looks like this during the night

dead sea by day

at karak. Niko insisted on passing by here as this place was included in the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" though they didn't shoot here. Unfortunately, they were going to open the gate at 09:30am coz it's friday and we were there by 08:30am so we decided to go straight to Petra coz it's a 3 hours drive

walking on a long beginning point towards the main city of Petra (and it's freakin' hot coz it's 11:30am)

horses and donkeys are everywhere in case you're too lazy to walk (in my case I insist on walking since my two buddies were walking. one for all, all for one! haha). when I saw this shot I almost fell laughing coz the horse tail looks like a hair extension to my hair.

after a very long walk, we finally reach the entry point of city of Petra. and this is where it starts...

wuhuu!

 on our back is their old amphitheater

 me photobombing big papa's pic... hehe...

the granite stones looks really nice in person



I ordered "proust chicken" coz server doesn't speak english much, turned out that my order was just chicken nuggets, wtf! Niko was way too nice to give me half of his food in exchange of my proust chicken aka chicken nuggets

 found this cat in the alley of the hotel on my way to the back part to swim to the dead sea

cannot post other pics coz I look uber fat in my swimwear, wtf


 found a greek orthodox church in madaba. we were actually looking for the mosaic museum but end up here. Niko was way too happy in this discovery
 
Silvester took a pic of my back while am taking a nap coz am not really feeling well on our last day in Jordan, maybe due to lack of breakfast and hangover from Jaggermeister.

We still got tons of pictures but am not yet done uploading them as I need to sleep now. I'll just update this blog tomorrow for the other pics.

Tata for now!




No comments: